Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a Dam Ride!

Well since everyone else was committed to baseball, family or work. I decided to go for a ride today the 30th of June.

Did I mention that I am on vacation this week.

I started out going to BikersTown and purchasing a new sissy bar tour bag, what a neat bag for touring. After installing the bag I headed up highway 97 to Wells dam, where I met a couple from Maine they were traveling for the summer in a ford pickup, nice people.

I then traveled up river to Bridgeport and Chief Joseph dam, on the road I noticed an eagles nest close to the road that had a nesting eagle got a couple of good pictures.

Next on to Omak, had lunch at Arby's and got lost looking for the road to Grand Coulee dam, ended up going back to Okanogan and then again towards Omak when I finally found the highway to Grand Coulee. Over Disautel Pass it was a nice cool ride since the sun was nice and warm. Well the road crews decided that it was time to put fresh oil and gravel all the way from Omak to Grand Coulee.

At Grand Coulee dam I met a couple from Germany that had come to the Pacific Northwest for their vacation. I had this thought as I left, how often do we think of people coming here for vacation, if you are like me, you think that vacations are for going to places like Maine or Germany. Another neat couple.

On to Dry Falls, what an amazing place sure it is no Grand Canyon but it is still quite amazing to think about how this area we call home came to be carved out of basalt rock.

Then it was home. all in all I traveled just shy of 300 miles today, and got plenty of sun and had a good time, met some very neat people. What a day. No problems just a couple people trying to drive in the same lane that I was traveling. Did I mention the sun, well I have a pretty good tan now because of it. ===Skid===

No comments:

Post a Comment